Monday, August 31, 2020

Feedback Strategies Week 3

 In the feedback gallery i particularly like the notes about pointing out what is confusing and being specific when explaining reasoning behind feedback. If I do not know why someone thinks something or if I can't see a clear reason for it, it is hard to make changes and accept the criticism.

Source

I picked up a lot from the article Five Reasons to Stop Saying Good Job.  I think saying good job in itself isn't bad but not adding suggestions or prompting one to further themselves is damaging. say good job, but don't stop there. discuss what can be added or changed, I prefer "Good Start" It shows one is on the right track but it isn't complete yet that way they don't stop pushing themselves

Five Reasons to Stop Saying Good Job

I also resonate with The Difference Between Praise and Feedback. I like that people are noting the difference. Praise is just recognizing the good, feedback recognizes the good and marks where improvement and growth can be made. I tell myself that a lot as I have been trying to rewire myself into the growth mindset the past few months.

The Difference Between Praise and Feedback

I Like this image because it reinforces the idea that there is always room for improvement.



No comments:

Post a Comment